Friday, December 11, 2009

Jon T. Howard - North Atlantic Gyre Exploration Expedition Blog #2

Today is a cold crisp day in LA after a badly needed rain last night. I am working on my list of things I am hoping to get from some sponsors and will start reaching out to them later today to assist me on my exploration expedition to the North Atlantic Gyre. I just spoke with Anna Cummins from Algalita Marine Reasearch Foundation about some logistics and she said Keen may be willing to give us some footwear as part of their sponsorship deal. That would be great because they have amazing stuff and I really need some proper shoes for the voyage. There is so much to do over the coarse of the next 3 and a half weeks especially with the Christmas holiday season thrown in. Besides all of todays planning, I am hoping to get down to the LA River sewer wash where it drains into the ocean today to shoot some video of the plastic build up after the first major rains of the season here in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment